- Water, lots and lots and lots of water! I am the type of person who always has a water bottle glued to my hand and it is amazing and refreshing
- Vegetable broth - I try to go for low sodium but every now and then I get the regular kind. Restricting sodium can help lower swelling
- Homemade soups - the week before surgery I am going to cook up a storm with different soups. I will portion them and freeze them so that I can thaw a couple and have them ready for the day. I heard a good tip to freeze them in ice cube trays so that you can pick the portion size you want.
- Blender smoothie packs - I already have a smoothie every day which consists of frozen mixed berries, half a banana, vegan protein powder and a bit of almond milk or fruit juice.
- Vega Protein powder- I use this regularly after a workout but there is an "all in one" every day protein powder that they have and I will be using that in my recovery.
- Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables - I am going to try to juice when I feel up to it, and when I get on to the soft diet I will go nuts with eating sweet potatoes and vegetables that I can put in a food processor. I love spinach but it gets so stuck in my braces, I either rip it up and remove the stems or put it into a food processor.
I am going to try to stick to a clean diet after surgery. I already eat vegan, and now trying to add dairy back in makes my stomach hurt. I will still buy a couple boost or ensure drinks just in case I dont have the energry to get anything else but here is what I plan to have for my liquid diet: